0345 634 4163
Everyone will have their own ideas about what makes the perfect holiday in the Peak District, but we've put together what we think are the "unmissable" things. If you've only got a limited amount of time to try and enjoy the huge range of things the Peak District has to offer, you won't go far wrong if you start here...
1. Take the footpath opposite Blue John cottage and experience the breathtaking tranquillity of Lathkill Dale.
See the wild orchids in June.
2. Visit Chatsworth – a fantastic day out for the whole family with farmyard, adventure playground and a maze to get
lost in – on a hot day you can paddle in the cascade fountain.
3. Head to Bakewell and sample Bakewell pudding – you can even send some to family by post!
4. Take a drive to Monsal Head and enjoy the view!
5. Hire bikes and get off the road on the High Peak or Tissington trails.
6. Visit a well dressing. Check the list to find the nearest village and discover this ancient and unique Derbyshire custom
(April to September)
7. Take a walk on one of the many Gritstone Edges – Curbar, Froggatt or Stanage to enjoy the unique
Peak District landscape.
8. Walk or cycle round the Derwent reservoirs and marvel at the scale of the dams where the Dambusters
practised in WW2
9. Enjoy a full English Breakfast with Derbyshire Oatcakes at The Old Smithy, Monyash
10. Step back in time at Haddon Hall – wonderfully preserved medieval house setting for the recent adaptation
of Jane Eyre