OPENING OF SWIMMING POOL FACILITIES( COVID-19)
Before the change to the rules was confirmed, Prof Deenan Pillay, from University College London, told the BBC:
"Given the amount of chlorine that is in swimming pools, viruses are not going to survive there. So it's not the actual swimming that's the risk, but it is all the other stuff that goes with it - the changing rooms, getting in and out of the pool and the risk of shared showers."
(The above statement appeared on the BBC News App "When can I go to the gym again and can I go swimming?")
Pool building Air Flow remains a real risk.
The management team at Haddon Grove is pleased to announce that following the Government's announcement, we plan to open our pool facility on Tuesday August 4th (subject to any further notice).
The most important issue for our team is the health and wellbeing of our guests. We are very aware that our guests (especially children) are very much looking forward to going swimming. Unfortunately, like most activities during the pandemic we are unable to 'open as usual'.
We would therefore ask ALL guests to PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING and STRICTLY ADHERE TO these new rules which we have put in place for your safety:
1. Our Pool building changing rooms; showers and toilet facility will remain closed until further notice. These areas are strictly Off limits at All times.
2. All guests should shower in your own cottage IMMEDIATELY PRIOR to using the swimming pool
3. You Must Change for the pool in your own cottage. Please bring a bathrobe etc to wear to walk to the pool. This can be left by the pool side.
4. We ask that ALL guests bring appropriate footwear to wear specifically in the swimming pool building eg. Flipflops, slippers etc. Please change your footwear immediately outside the pool building (it's a covered area). Wear your pool footwear ONLY inside the pool building.
5. Please use wall mounted hand sanitisers immediately outside the swimming pool building. In addition please use the sprays and kitchen roll provided to clean door handles when you exit the pool building.
6. All standard rules for the swimming pool apply, please refer to our T&Cs.
7. Specifically NO MEMBER OF HADDON GROVE STAFF OR LIFE GUARD WILL BE ON DUTY AT ANY TIME. CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES BY A PARENT. NO ONE SHOULD EVER USE THE POOL ALONE.
8. The revised COVID19 opening times are: 9am to 7pm (the last session starts at 6pm).
9. We are introducing ONE HOUR sessions per cottage, with a sign-up board available each morning outside the pool at 8.30am. You can only sign up on the day. Strictly not prior to 8:30AM (One hour per cottage per day).
10. Each session should be no more than 45 minutes in the pool, allowing you to leave prior to the next session starting.
11. Our pool cover will remain open permanently, please do not touch the cover. (As the cover is thermal protective, this may result in heat loss from the pool).
12. The swimming pool will be closed on WEDNESDAYS to allow for essential cleaning/maintenance.
13. We reserve the right to CLOSE or MODIFY the operating hours for our swimming pool.
14. THE GAMES ROOM facility will remain CLOSED until further notice.
Please be aware that all risks associated with swimming pools cannot be eliminated. You are therefore using our pool facility with the knowledge that risks do remain.
OPENING OF: GAMES ROOM/ BOOT ROOM/BIKE SHED ( COVID-19)
Please note that our Games Room; Boot Room; and Bike Shed facilities will remain closed during the Covid 19 Pandemic, until further notice
Haddon Grove has everything that you might need for a comfortable stay.
Our beautiful cottages all have well equipped kitchens, televisions, DVD players and wifi.
There is also a swimming pool & games room; a children's playground; outdoor seating and dining; multiple BBQ facilities; a communal laundry room secure bike store & a boot room.
Fire Packs are available to pre-order or from reception.
Delicious home cooked pie and pea suppers can be pre-ordered and waiting in your cottage ready to be heated.
INDOOR HEATED SWIMMING POOL
If you're looking for Peak District accommodation with a swimming pool then you've come to the right place.
Come rain or shine you'll love our indoor heated pool, situated in our leisure centre. Heated to 29 degrees year round you'll be forgiven for not wanting to leave to explore the local area!
Find out more about our swimming pool
BIKE SHED & BOOT ROOM
Whether you are a serious cyclist and a member of a visiting cycling club or a casual rambler out for a family stroll, we have the facilities to accommodate all your needs.Our dedicated secure storage bike shed has bike racks and a push button entry mechanism. There is also an outside hosepipe facility to clean your bikes after a day's ride.
PLEASE NOTE. Haddon Grove is situated in the middle of LATHKILL DALE, which has Nature Reserve Status. All Right of Way public footpath's around Haddon Grove are reserved for Hiking Only. ACCESS TO LATHKILL DALE BY BIKE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
Our dedicated BOOT ROOM is a new addition to Haddon Grove. We have converted our old reception room into a facility that allows you to change muddy boots and wet clothes and leave them in situ without having to take them in to your beautiful cottages. You also don't have to worry about the mud or the wet floor in the boot room........We will do the cleaning!
You can have a BBQ or you can have a BBQ with a view. At Haddon Grove we have multiple built in BBQ facilities waiting for your arrival. OR Why not order "your very own BBQ" to be outside your cottage. PLEASE ASK for availability and prices
Many of our cottages have Log Burners. This not only provides cosy warmth for your cottage but it also helps to create that special English 'country cottage' experience. As you are probably travelling with a car full of family and provisions, let us have a Log Pack waiting for you upon arrival.
Fire Packs include:
log sack(s) - kindling- firelighters- matches
£25.00 Large Log Pack
£15.00 Small Log Pack